Facial Fat Injections
Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
What is Fat Injection?
The fat injection procedure defines the process of extracting autologous fat cells from the patient’s body and re-injecting them beneath another part of body skin with the help of a specific set of cannula, after a special purification procedure. Once extracted and purified properly, the fat cells can be revived by injection into any area of the body, employing special methods.
Despite common knowledge, filling, as plastic surgeons call it, is not the only area in which this method is useful. The autologous fatty tissues represent the most abundant source of stem cells in a body, which, once injected in a treatment site, replace the missing type of cells and do the necessary repairs. For instance, with fat grafting under the facial skin, the stem cells change into fibroblasts for collagen synthesis, a process that yields a more lively and youthful look. When processed further through certain procedures for purity, the fat cell extracts have much higher stem cell concentrations. The technique has a wide area of application, covering, besides the face, breast, buttock and calf/leg cosmetics and any body part suffering a lack of tissue. Fat injections perform successful results not only in plastic surgery but also in difficult areas such as non-healing wounds and radiotherapy treated skin.
The fat injection procedure has two uses. One is as a filler and the second, for regenerative, restorative effects.
- The filler effect provides fat cells continuing to live in a given area, and newly formed cells owing to circulation of stem cells. Thanks to this effect, a surgeon can change the facial contour and fill in the lines. This effect fixes the cheekbones, lips, chin tip and chin contour. It further highlights the eyebrow ends and brings fullness to the supraorbital area.
- The stem cells assure the regenerative effect. They turn into the missing collagen tissues and fibroblasts and increase collagen synthesis. This brings rejuvenation and refreshment to the skin. The slender skin gets fuller and the parched dermis, hydrated, while light wrinkles and blots disappear in a great deal.
What are the possible applications of Fat Injection?
- Filling up missing soft tissue on the facial domain
- Correction of under-eye bruising and tear pits
- Lip augmentation
- Cheek grafting
- Facial asymmetry correction
- Correction of asymmetries caused by chin deformities
- Reduction of burn or post-traumatic scars, correction of associated asymmetries and uplifting the quality of the skin on facial and other body areas
- Breast and Buttocks augmentation
- Genital refills
- Dry, dull and dead looking skin
- Dehydrated skin
- Shallow and deep wrinkles on the skin that need treatment
- Treatment of scars associated with acnes and wound traces on the skin
- Sags and soft tissue losses on the skin
- Bruising under the eyes
- Stubborn, persistent scars and occasions where enhancing the skin quality is desired following a radiotherapy
- The procedure requires general anaesthesia or sedation
- The procedure takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on the operation site
- You gain a younger appearance with your own fats
- No risk of allergic reactions or rejection by the body
- Permanent, lifetime effect thanks to fat rich of stem cells
- Leaves no scars
- Swelling and bruising may occur during the first 2 days after surgery, which definitely require treatment of ice in the early post-operative period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pain-killers like Apranax, Voltaren, Vermidon etc. (good substitutes for use in case of need include Minoset and Novalgin)
- Multi-vitamin pills containing substances like Ginseng, gingko biloba, co-enzymes, Q, C / E / K vitamins etc.
- Herbal products containing green tea, flaxseed, cherry stem, tomato seeds
- All dietary supplements
- Foods that can lead to constipation should be avoided for 3 days before surgery, and vegetable dishes and easy-to-digest foods should be consumed.