Cosmetic Ear Surgery (Autoplasty)
Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Under Which Circumstances Can A Cosmetic Surgery Be Performed?
The condition called “bat ears” in colloquial language and characterised by ears extending loo large on the head can be cured with cosmetic ear surgery. The “bat ears” may refer to a condition acquired at birth or as a result of an accident. The bat ears or the ears’ quality of being abnormally large in proportion to the head is known to induce psychological problems in people, from very early ages.
The problem known as bat ears stems from the disproportionately large ear scoop with the face.
• Ears disproportionately large compared to the face
• Ears that are structurally large or sticking out too far from the head and makes you unhappy
• Cosmetic ear surgery is commendable for pediatric patients, only under general anaesthesia
• The procedure can be administered with sedatives for adults
• A cosmetic ear surgery usually lasts in 1 to 1,5 hours.
• You may return home right after the procedure
• Cosmetic ear surgery is strongly recommended for children between the ages of 4 and 6, both inclusive, to offer them a satisfactory level of comfort throughout the school age
• There is no age limitation
• Patients undergoing this surgery are highly advised to protect their ears under a tightly sealed bandage or dress for a post-operative period of two weeks
• Full healing takes one week to ten days
• Your ears look more proportionate to your face
• No traces are left visible, since they are left behind the ears
Cosmetic ear surgeries are suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.