Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
All About Body Contouring Surgery
Body contouring surgery is a range of aesthetic (cosmetic) procedures designed to improve the body’s appearance by modifying its size or shape and most commonly performed to contour the waist, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, upper torso and upper arms, from removal of fat and/or excess skin to surgical implants and lifts to improve skin tone and definition. Belt lipectomy is an operation designed to remove the excess skin fat and tissue in the middle and lower abdominal region, outer thighs, gluteal and sacral areas, around the hips and waistline in the belt distribution, where saggy skin is removed, abdominal muscles strengthened using surgical stitches and the remaining areas improved. Belt lipectomy is not an overweight treatment.
The body contouring surgery inflicts a circular incision that extends from the front towards the back so as to leave the scar conspicuous and hidden behind a thin line that can be covered by a bikini strand, to lift the pubic mound, buttocks and lateral sides of the upper leg and firmly stretch the legs. Body contouring surgery tightens the entire lower body in a single session.
The body contouring surgery is a highly effective procedure primarily administered to patients having lost a lot of weight following a belt lipectomy or invasive obesity surgery, providing physical, psychological and social relief.
• Weight reduction to the targeted level and retention of that level for at least 6 months
• Presence of deep cracks and sags on the skin with an unpleasant appearance
• Loosening of the abdominal skin and muscles
• Bagging/ flattening of the buttocks
• Loosening and sagging leg skin
• Softening and sagging of the genital region
• Hygienic problems and troubled areas
• The procedure requires general anaesthesia
• The surgery takes 4 to 6 hours in average
• The drainage tubes applied subcutaneously are removed within the next 24 to 48 hours following surgery
• The patient may be released after removal of the drainage tubes
• The scar spots should be supported with sports corsets worn for about four weeks after surgery
• The whole lower body skin and tissue (including abdomen, buttocks, waist, genital area, inner parts of legs and upper leg lateral sites) will gain a more firm, youthful and raised appearance after the operation
• All scars are located such that they can be covered by your underwear
• Many areas are manipulated in a single operation
• Dissolvable stitches are used
• Scars will fade away after an average period of 9 to 12 months, although this varies depending on the quality of skin
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pain-killers like Apranax, Voltaren, Vermidon etc. (good substitutes for use in case of need include Minoset and Novalgin)
- Multi-vitamin pills containing substances like Ginseng, gingko biloba, co-enzymes, Q, C / E / K vitamins etc.
- Herbal products containing green tea, flaxseed, cherry stem, tomato seeds
- All dietary supplements
- Foods that can lead to constipation should be avoided for 3 days before surgery, and vegetable dishes and easy-to-digest foods should be consumed.