Back Lift Procedure
Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Under Which Circumstances Can a Back Lift Be Performed?
n people who have lost excessive weight, a volumetric increase is observed in the dermal and subcutaneous tissues, in combination with loosening muscles and reduction in elasticity of the skin, in combination with hormonal changes induced by aging and gravity. Although a substantial portion of these tissues are lost during a weight loss, the subcutaneous adipose tissue and regional muscles cannot recover sufficiently, in most cases. The flexible tendons of the skin, which is enlarged, breaks apart from one another, mostly resulting in unpleasant deep folds and sags on the entire body. Thereby the overall appearance of the body gets deformed due to sagging skin and loosening muscles, along with steady accumulations of fat, a condition that cannot be cured without proper exercise and an effective diet.
• Presence of deep cracks and sags on the skin with an unpleasant appearance
• Loosening of the back skin and dorsal muscles
• Excessive skin and subcutaneous tissue flushing out of underpants, swimming suits and garments
• The procedure requires general anaesthesia
• The surgery takes 2 hour in average
• The procedure requires an overnight stay at the hospital
• The scar spots should be supported with sports corsets worn for about four weeks after surgery
• The upper body skin and tissue will gain a more firm, youthful and raised appearance after the operation
• All scars are located such that they can be covered by your underwear
• Dissolvable stitches are used
• Scars will fade away after an average period of 9 to 12 months, although this varies depending on the quality of skin
Back lift surgeries are suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.