Arm Lift Surgery
Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Under Which Circumstances Can An Arm Lift Be Performed?
Aging, in combination with frequent gains and losses of weight and lack of regular physical exercise, renders the skin less flexible, while prolonged exposure to sunlight and the deteriorating effects of gravity makes the upper arm region, as well as the rest of the body, sag due to excess soft tissue formation. Soft and loose arms are one of the leading factors that put the above-the-middle-age and/or excessive weight losing patients in despair. This problem gets more noticeable when sleeveless clothes are worn, especially in summer. Even regular exercise, intensive skincare and precise weight control prove ineffective to obliterate the ageing process in the arms.
Patients who are very disturbed by loosening and sagging in their arms may choose to undergo arm lift surgeries. There are a variety of optional surgical solutions for the problems developing in this area. Cosmetic arm lift surgeries are suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.
• Presence of deep cracks and sags on the skin with an unpleasant appearance
• Loosening of the arm skin and muscles
• The feeling of arms constricted in dress which normally fits well
• The procedure requires general anaesthesia
• The surgery takes 2 hour in average
• The procedure requires an overnight stay at the hospital
• The scar spots should be supported with sports corsets worn for about four weeks after surgery
• The arm skin and tissue will gain a more firm, youthful and raised appearance after the operation
• The scars will be positioned so that they remain invisible from the front or back, when both arms are covered
• Dissolvable stitches are used
• Scars will fade away after an average period of 9 to 12 months, although this varies depending on the quality of skin
Cosmetic arm lift surgeries are suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.