Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
What is Abdominoplasty?
Following an excessive weight loss or during the post-gestational period, a volumetric increase is observed in the dermal and subcutaneous adipose tissues, in combination with loosening muscles and reduction in elasticity of the skin. Although a substantial portion of these tissues are lost during a weight loss, the subcutaneous adipose tissue and regional muscles cannot recover sufficiently, in most cases. The flexible tendons of the skin, which is enlarged, breaks apart from one another, mostly resulting in unpleasant deep folds and sags on the entire body. Thereby the overall appearance of the body gets deformed due to sagging skin and loosening muscles, along with steady accumulations of fat, a condition that cannot be cured without proper exercise and an effective diet.
- Presence of deep cracks and sags on the skin with an unpleasant appearance
- Loosening of the abdominal skin and muscles
- Pendulous abdomen rushing outward the body, which adequately fits in a pair of trousers
- The procedure requires general anaesthesia
- The surgery takes 2 to 3 hours in average, depending on the size of the area of treatment
- The procedure requires an overnight stay at the hospital
- The spot scars should be supported with corsets worn for about four weeks after surgery
- After a tummy tuck surgery, both lower and upper parts of the navel are tightened, waist line downsized, abdominal walls stretched, and the navel gains a youthful appearance
- The abdomen has a more firm, youthful and raised appearance after the operation
- All scars are located such that they can be covered by your underwear
- Dissolvable stitches are used
- Scars will fade away after an average period of 9 to 12 months, although this varies depending on the quality of skin
Tummy tuck surgeries are suitable for both ladies and gentlemen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pain-killers like Apranax, Voltaren, Vermidon etc. (good substitutes for use in case of need include Minoset and Novalgin)
- Multi-vitamin pills containing substances like Ginseng, gingko biloba, co-enzymes, Q, C / E / K vitamins etc.
- Herbal products containing green tea, flaxseed, cherry stem, tomato seeds
- All dietary supplements
- Foods that can lead to constipation should be avoided for 3 days before surgery, and vegetable dishes and easy-to-digest foods should be consumed.